Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chief Secretary Proposes for Energy Efficient Town Scheme

Yesterday, Chief Secretary wrote to the Government of India for considering taking up New Town Kolkata (Rajarhat) and Salt Lake (Bidhannagar) for a Pilot Scheme under which energy efficient measures such as geo-thermal heat sinks, solar arrays, green buildings, waste-to-energy, high density growth and efficient town planning designs can be implemented so as to make it as nearly self-sufficient in energy as possible.

I'd earlier commented on "ZEST"(Zero Energy Satellite Town) in this blog, explaining how interested I was.

There are many steps to go: but the first one has been traversed.

I also spoke to MD, WBREDA today and requested him to give me details of renewable energy projects undertaken in Salt Lake & New Town, so that I can justify our claim for the pilot project even further. Mr Gon Chowdhury has agreed to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment