Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tajpur Beach Festival and Alampur Prawn Outlet

I went to Tajpur and Digha yesterday. Partha R Das, Architect, also went with me. We went to Tajpur Carnival site (good to see that the Digha Beach Festival tradition was being carried along: we'll do it together next year), Digha beaches and took a long walk in old and new Digha. Saikatabas is also quite spruced up now. We took more decisions in the 5pm meeting where the new DM (Pervez) was there too.
The Tajpur Beach Carnival has started, I found. Several tourists were enjoying themselves on the beach. Here is a photo that I took on my Sony camera there:

I talked to Raja Sekhar, Conservator of Forest from Tajpur for a deer park in Digha and DSDA office space at Tajpur. Coming out of Tajpur, I was very happy to see that the SFDC Alampur office was all dressed in theme colour blue-and-yellow for a retail outlet. I take a bit of pride in this as it was I who proposed when I was also holding charge of Fisheries Department that such a prime location on Digha-Kolkata highway can be used to sell ice-packed Digha prawns with suitable packaging so that tourists can gift "Digha Prawn" to their friends and family in Kolkata (as we gift Darjeeling Tea when we come down from the hills).
I'll buy one surely as soon as it opens !

1 comment:

  1. Deer Park in Digha : Update.
    I'd met Pr Secy Forest. I've sent a proposal to Minister of Forest. Today (April 19, 2012) I held a meeting with Mr TVN Rao, IFS, the Member Secretary of West Bengal Zoo Authority. It seems that there is a lot of rules and regulations to take care of. As suggested by Mr Rao, I spoke to Mr Debanjan Datta, MD Webcon to make a Detailed Project Report so that it can be taken forward.

    ReplyDelete