Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Emerging Science & Culture; Connecting People"


I was invited at the Bose Institute, Kolkata yesterday. The book "Emerging Science and Culture: Connecting People" (edited by Prof S.C.Roy) was released as a Platinum Jubilee Commemorative Volume of the Indian Science News Association. The first article titled "Energy Security: Role of Science and Technology" is by Shri M.K.Narayanan, Governor of West Bengal. It also contains an article called "Thermal Power Generation in West Bengal" by me.

I was persuaded to write the article by my friend Dr Barun Chatterjee of the Bose Institute when I was MD, WBPDCL. Yesterday, the book launch was a sort of re-union of our Presidency batch with Barun, Swapan, Rajat, Somnath and Sarbarish - (I met Sarbarish after 27 years, after we did our post MSc from the Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics). The then Director of Saha Institute, Dr Manoj Pal, was also present with us in the panel discussion yesterday and he has also contributed an article.
* * *
As promised in my earlier post "The Light", I give below the link to the video in the You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArmSfMyAtHM
(Thanks, Atanu, for helping me upload the video).

2 comments:

  1. Where can I find your full article on Thermal Power generation in West Bengal. Can you please provide me the link to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not available on the web. The book costs Rs. 300. You may contact Indian Science News Association at scie2224@dataone.in

    ReplyDelete