Tuesday, August 17, 2010

PPP Sub Group Meet at Delhi on 23 Aug

I incorporated the comments received so far from he members on the draft paper that I'd circulated last week. As convener of the Sub-Group, I've called the meeting on 23rd Aug at Delhi at Nirman Bhavan, Ministry of Urban Development, Govt of India.
* * *
This week's India Today carries an article called "The Odd Couple: The State Learns to Love the Private Sector". I read it with interest as it is directly relevant to the paper that we are preparing. It has a nice, if simplistic, way of defining PPP Projects:
"... Loosely defined, it means a delivery model where the assets belong to the government and the services are provided by the private sector... "
 * * *
 Last Saturday, I had a meeting with Prof Biswanath Chakrabarty of Rabindra Bharati University. We discussed about the possibility of jointly writing a book on  "Urbanism in India". I also wanted to do papers on (i) Electronic Voting in India and (ii) Role of Political Continuity in Urban Development. Somnath De of CEO's office has already lent me the book "How India Votes" and I've started thinking. I also recalled my earlier paper at http://desicritics.org/2008/08/03/142923.php

No comments:

Post a Comment