Monday, August 9, 2010

'Growing up and being counted are no easy tasks'

I went to the Institute of Engineering and Management in Salt Lake today morning. Their new academic session started today. It was good seeing the eager faces of the new students. I was reminded of Abdul Kalam's inspiring book India 2020. In my brief address, I quoted from it and said: "Growing up and being counted are no easy tasks". I advised them to also take an interest in the functioning of India's democracy by networking in cyberspace through facebook, blog and other social networking sites for taking up social causes - in addition to their studies.
* * *
CEO HDA met me at my office. I was told that Ms. Aditi Dass of Climate Group had been to Haldia last Friday to talk about LED streetlights. Despite the higher initial cost, I think it needs to be taken forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment