* * *
I was thinking of few milestones achieved in the year that passed by. Here are few highlights:
1. New Township Policy – After formation of Sector Committee, Cabinet has approved the New Township Policy. This policy will ensure large amounts of investments in creation of Private Townships in a planned manner. It will provide houses for the Economically Weaker Section of the society. It will create jobs in the earmarked areas of the towns. Already few applications have been received.
2. Freeing land use restrictions in Sector-V Salt Lake - Large amount of vacant built-up spaces could not be used due to changing economic circumstances. In August, 2014 change of use was permitted on payment of fees through issue of a notification. This has enabled quick utilization of vacant spaces resulting in new economic activities.
3. Planned Urbanization – LUDCP is being made and updated in various development authorities including New Town Kolkata, Haldia, Sriniketan-Santiniketan, Gangasagar, Bakkhali etc. This will result in sustainable urbanization and land utilisation.
4. E-Governance – Bio-metric attendance system has been started in Urban Development Department and few development authorities. . This has resulted in improved attendance and increased work output. Video conferencing system, file tracking system and GRIPS enabled facilitation desk have improved service delivery. 17 services of Urban Development Department have been brought under the purview of Right to Public Services Act, 2013.
5. New Town Financial Hub – With road shows and campaigns, several financial institutions have participated in the New Town Financial Hub.
6. Projects – Numerous projects of various sectors have been implemented in 2014. Some are (a) Parama Park Circus Flyover (ongoing), (b) BRTS (ongoing), (c) Kamalgazi Flyover (ongoing), (d) 100 MGD Water Supply to New Town/Salt Lake (ongoing), (e) Uluberia Water Supply Project (completed), (f) Nazrul Tirtha (Completed), (g) Mothers Wax Museum (Completed), (h) Digha Welcome Gate (Completed) (i) Pedestrain Subway New Town (completed) (j) Wi Fi Sarani (ongoing), CCTV installed in UD/ Hidco Bhavan / Eco Park (k) Graphic Public Convenience, Salt Lake (completed) (l) Children's Park (3 in New Town), Heliconia Garden (Eco Park), Markets (3 in New Town) - (all completed) (m) Annexe building of UD Bungalow in Salt Lake (completed) (n) Four residential blocks in Baisakhi Abasan Salt Lake (completed) (o) Upgradation of Karunamoyee Bus Stand and Central Mela Ground in Salt Lake (ongoing) (p) Convention Centre in New Town (ongoing) (q) NKDA Administrative Building in New Town (ongoing) (r) State Govt Office Complex in Salt Lake (ongoing) and many more.
* * *
Here are a few clippings:
|Khabar 365 dt 1 Jan 2015|
|Hindustan Times dt 29 Dec 2014|