|At Udaipur Beach, New Digha, yesterday afternoon|
I went to Digha yesterday to hold a special meeting to take measures to make Digha more attractive to tourists in terms of improved services. Mr Raj Kanojia, IPS, DG(Coastal Security), Ms Antara Acharya IAS DM Purba Midnapore, SP, Executive Officer DSDA, SDO/SDPO/ BDO/OC and Subrat Biswas IFS, Project Director ICZM and others were present. We decided on the following:
1. For every 500m x 500m, a volnteer would be identified by DSDA to clean the beach and adjoining areas in two shifts. Volunteers would also see that nobody litters, use the vats and that no encroachments take place.
2. A joint visit by police and civil officers would locate parking lots along main foreshore road. The area near Shvalik Road would be made a NO Parking / No Halting Zone where one can't stop even to get down ( I have seen this in Connaught Place in Delhi).
3. LED street lights would be installed from Digha Gate to Ramnagar. The Digha Gate is slowly inching towards completion.
4. Udaipur beach in New Digha would be kept hawker free.
5. November 16 , 2014 will be observed by District Administration as Green and Clean Digha Day.
6. World Bank aided ICZM project has a hawker rehabilitation component. This will be expeited.
Here is a glimpse of the revamped embankment near Saikatabas:
|Marble-top sitting area. Watch tower in far background built|
under ICZM project. (Photo by my Sony h55 )
* * *
Here is a clipping:
|Khabar 365 dt 16 Oct 2014|