Taking a cue, and considering that in Eco Park we are trying to gift visitors a bit of nature (think of the blue waters and green lawns, butterfly garden and orchard, rose garden and orchid tent), we have joined hands with an organisation to cater to a weekend organic market where people will be able to buy organic produces from reputed sources. This will be located in Gate 4 of Eco Park from tomorrow and will be open on Saturdays and Sundays . We are all set to start the Weekend Organic Market from tomorrow.
The first 30 days will be our Trial Period. The Event will be from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
As of now the following organizations have confirmed their participation:
(1) ONganic- F & V (Organic Fruits &Vegetables)
(2) ONganic - Groceries (Organic Red/ Black/ Brown Rice, Pulses, Honey, Ghee) and Books on Organic Farming
(3) ONergy/ SwitchON - Solar Products
(4) Marg Darshak - Diversified Jute Products
(5) Margdarshak - Fabric Products
(6) TITLI : Vermi Compost
(7) Yogita BioFarming: BioPesticides, Groceries
(8) Rainbow Organics: Organic Food Products, Herbal Products, Herbal Cosmetics.
(9) Uttirna Jute Cluster: Handmade Paper Products, Terrakota Products, Kantha Stitch Products
(10) Sudharma Krishi Consultants: Green Gifts, Urban Gardening, Modular Garden
(11) Kalighat Society for Development Facilitation- Jute Handmade Paper,
(12) Tapaswini Mahila Silpi Development Facilitation- Honey, Organic Dairy Products, Embroidery Products, Solar Products
(13) Food & Food: Organic Food Products
(14) Humble Bee: Awareness on Organic Products
(15) Sonali ( Will join from next week, started negotiation)
(16) GreenTech Agro Revolution (Will join from next week, started negotiation)
(17) Organic Innovation (Will join from next week)
A promotional picture done by our collaborators:
See https://www.facebook.com/kolwom for more details and updates.
|Ms Keya Seth (right) of Keya Seth's Medi|
Spa at opening of Organic market
at Eco Park Gate 4
* * *
I went to Siliguri yestrday, returned today morning. The official visit was for site inspection of the public town project (Teesta Town) at Siliguri. Minister Gautam Deb, CEO SJDA, Chief Town Planner UD and Credai Siliguri members and I inspected the site. Next week, I plan to visit the site of Gitanjali Town project.
|The Statesman (Siliguri edition) dt 22 May 2015|
|Bartaman dt 22 May 2015|
|Ei Samay dt 22 May 2015|
|Uttarer Saradin dt 22 May 2015|
|Anandabazar (Siliguri) dt 22 May 2015|
|Abz dt 22 May 2015|
|Khabar 365 dt 22 May 2015|
Here is another clipping from today's paper:
|Anandabazar dt 22 May 2015|