Friday, July 9, 2010

Photo Exhibition of Election Commission at Kolkata

On Wednesday last, I was invited to the inauguration of the Photo Exhibition of Election Commission of India at Kolkata's Gaganendra Hall (near Nandan). ECs Mr Qurashi & Mr Sampat opened. It is a part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration of the ECI which started at Vigyan Bhavan Delhi on 25th Jan 2010.
It was great meeting the ECs, DEC, DG and old friends from office and media.
I was a bit nostalgic thinking of the efforts we'd put in to get old and rare photos, many of which were displayed in the official exhibition in Kolkata. In particular, I remembered how Debabrata Thakur helped me go to Anandabazar's photo library where I met the amazing librarian who brought out a host of rare and unbelievable collection of historical photographs connected with Bengal elections...It was gratifying to see "courtesy: Anandabazar" in many photographs on display. Thanks, again, Debuda.
I'll try to post here (later) Suchitra Sen's photo that drew the largest applause: she was photographed while she was being photographed for her voter-ID

4 comments:

  1. debasish da,
    no mention pl. i did nothing. actualy both of us should be gratefil to sri shaktidas roy, the chief librarian of abp and to sri avik sarkar, the chief editor, abp for granting the permission. debu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. Please pass on my regards to Shri Shaktidas Roy and The Chief Editor when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Sen,

    Nice to read your post. I was looking for Suchitra Sen's photo. Do you still have it with you? Would you be posting it.
    It would be nice to see it. Thanks!
    Abhishek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Abhishek,
    I'd completely forgotten. I'll see if I can get it - the picture of Suchitra Sen

    ReplyDelete