Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ZEST (Zero Energy Satellite Town)....4

I'd earlier commented here in posts dated May 31, June 24 and July 10 about our attempts to have a pilot project at New Town, Rajarhat of developing an energy efficient town....Last Friday, while I was in Delhi, a two member team consisting of Mr V. Bhatt of BNL and Mr. A Joshi of Govt of India made a field visit to New Town and held a meeting with MD, HIDCO and others.
Today's Times of India carries a Page 1 story titled 'Rajarhat to be first zero-energy town' talking of the Friday visit as well as the presentation by Katie Bolkar of US Department of Energy at Delhi in May. Here is the link:

The story was written by Ajanta Chakraborty (Thanks Ajanta and Times of India !)
The picture above appears in the article of Times of India

7 comments:

  1. hello sir,my name is abhishek and i want to meet you,for presenting a project which i had been working very hard since a year.This project would benefit thousand of people and would have no obligation from any individuals or organisation. this would be a great success of urban development.please give me few moments of your precious time. my mobile no.is 9836753234 & 033-26387062 resident no.
    the project would be beneficial to the state people/citizen. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before that, please mail me a gist of what your project is about at
    debashisen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday (16 Aug 2010) we had the 'Stakeholders'Meeting'at Stadel, Salt Lake, organised by WBHIDCO. We ensured that the vision statement for the New Town contained energy efficiency as an ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sir, I am Ruchika, a student of final year architecture in NIT, Jaipur. I am supposed to do a research work on energy efficient township as per my academic curriculum. I have gone through your blogs and would like to know if there is any way of procuring the planning details of New Town(Rajarhat), Kolkata. Any data obtained would be of great help to me. Waiting for an early reply.

    My mail id: ruchi.mnit@gmail.com
    my contact: 9460573379

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ruchika,
    I'll give you some details next week as I am out of Kolkata for a week from now. But if you need more details, you have to contact WBHIDCO (make a google search).
    -DS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Bhatt of the Brooklyn National Laboratory came to Kolkata yesterday (26.8.2011) and we had a long discussion at HIDCO. I mentioned that things needed to move faster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sir,
    Would like to get a suggestion from you. As one of my known person has a leased property in salt lake sector -5 for IT sector and as he is unwell now would like to transfer the lease to another company . Also we are ready to pay the pending dues to the urban development department as the lease money was not paid since past 3 years.Please guide us can we transfer the lease by paying the pending 3 years dues? ..if you allow us we would like to meet you in person to resolve this as we need to transfer the lease. We would be obliged to you for your support.

    ReplyDelete