1. Smart real-time data collection is important. (there is no baseline data like water availability in terms of lpcd, air quality data, traffic data, accident data, citizen data etc in most ULBs)
2. Sustainability of smart solutions must be ensured by training accorded to municipal staff
3. Hard core infrastructure cannot be funded in smart city framework: only the technical layer involving ICT would mostly be encouraged.
4. Innovative-ness would be a key; the famed Indian 'juggad' must be kindled
5. Predictive solutions (maintenance alerts, waterlogging alerts etc) would be the way to look up to.
6. Citizen consultation and leadership are very important
* * *
|Pratidin dt 30 Oct 2015|
|Khabar 365 dt 30 Oct 2015|
|Ei Samay dt 30 Oct 2015|
|Salt Lake Telegraph dt 30 Oct 2015|