Friday, March 4, 2016

Bike Taxi


In Goa, Gurgaon and Bengaluru, Bike Taxis are already in operation. The Motor Bike Taxi is essentially a motorcycle taxi. This typically carries one passenger, who rides as the pillion behind the motorcycle operator. It brings in last mile connectivity at very affordable rates and also creates employment. The entire system can be Apps based (like an Uber /Ola cab) and via a GPS, the speed can be monitored. The last mile connectivity is particularly necessary in New Town and I was happy when Mr Prabhu Dayal Randar and Mr Neil Law met me recently with a proposal to introduce it in New Town. I referred them to Transport Department for legal vetting and I am told that the Transport Department is working on it.

Here is a picture of the Gurgaon Bike Taxi that was shown to me during the discussions:

Bike Taxi: Plans for New Town
* * *
Clippings:
Salt Lake Telegraph dt 4 March 2016

Khabar 365 dt 4 March 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment