- The population growth would be projected for 5 years and services should be geared up for this increased demand
- Feedback would be obtained from people owning houses / flats but not staying in New Town to ascertain what would make them stay in New Town quickly
- In the field of transportation, integration of cycling and bus transport would be explored so that people can cycle up to a bus stand, put the cycle in the front of a special attachment in a bus (so that the driver can keep an eye on the cycle), board the bus and at the destination, get down and retrieve the cycle to go to final destination ( I already put this idea to Prof S Pandit of IIT who is steering our private cycle scheme)
- Aggregate segregated solid waste so as to attract recycling industry
- Network with other similar brownfield/ greenfield cities like Naya Raypur, Amravati, Lavasa, Amby Valley etc to learnt from each other.
* * *
|ToI dt 3 March 2016|
|Millennium Post dt 3 March 2016|