Thursday, May 27, 2010

Creative Slum Improvement


I went to Durgapur today to review the progress of BSUP ie Slum Improvement Programme under JnNRUM.
I mentioned that today's Anandabazar carried a story by Jogen Chowdhury on creative and imaginative improvement of Slums on a total slum approach. I added that colors, for instance, can be imaginatively applied (4-5 white blocks and one maroon, for instance) without any extra cost. There could also be a bit of  green and blue, a landscape with a lily pond.
Mayor of Durgapur (it was good to reconnect with old aquaintances of Mayors of Asansol and Durgapur, familiar since my DM Burdwan days) took me to a site where they are already implementing such a concept.
I hope others follow too.
(I hope that Jogenbabu will also notice ! The picture above is from his article- DS)

No comments:

Post a Comment