Friday, May 14, 2010

UD's Secretariat Library

Yesterday, I went to visit the ground floor Secretariat Library of UD. It has got a large number of rare books. But it is not well attended.
I and Shri A.K.Das, Joint Secretary discussed improvement measures on the floor of the library. I transferred my stand-by desktop computer to the library today. I also sent the numerous reports (usually in a spiral binder, 200-300 pages) to the library.
I asked for a note on actions required. These included (1) newspaper clipping activity (2) new books, especially amended Acts, and periodicals (3) monthly bulletins on New Arrivals (4) creating a warm ambience.


I met Somnath Gharami (picture at right). He would be looking after the revamping. He has a post graduate degree in library science.

4 comments:

  1. I know he is a brilliant guy and quite able to library work. hope he continues to the betterment of the library in the U. D. Deptt along with ur support.
    -friend of somenath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amrit:
    I'd agree with you.
    Let us wait and see.
    -DS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir, I have received 14 books/reports on different subject, after getting those I have accessioned those books/reports and then I will have to be classified and catalogued those. Thanks, for approving the notes/proposals, I am wating the next action eagerly....

    ReplyDelete