1. 10 MGD Water Supply Scheme for Asansol (Project Cost Rs 90 crores)
2. Road from Raghunathpur to Dhupchuria: 45km: (Project Cost Rs 95 crores)
3. Road from Gammon Bridge to Gandhi More Durgapur: (Project Cost: Rs 78 crores)
4. Road from Jubilee Dhaba to SCOB Gate, Asansol: (Project Cost: Rs. 43 crores)
5. Sewerage Project for Ranigunj: (Project Cost Rs. 40 crores)
CEO ADDA Antara Acharya and engineers / officers accompanied me during the visit. It was great reconnecting with my old district (I was DM Burdwan from 1996-99). Quite a few officers recalled few incidents of those days.
|Asansol Water Supply Scheme in Progress|
(Observe coal carrying ropeway in background)
|Kulti Water Supply Scheme|
By the river Damodar
I will hold a special meeting at Kolkata on 7th Feb
|Ranigunge Sewerage Scheme in Progress|
Working in Congested Roads
On my way back, I visited the Eco Park. The timings have now changed. It is 2pm-8pm on weekdays and 12 noon-8 pm on Sundays and holidays. I was told quite a few visitors had come today earlier. I guess it will take a while for the changed timings to percolate though we'd published about the changed timings from 1 Feb in few newspapers on 1st Feb itself.
Here is a clipping from Hindustan Times of 31st Jan: