Thursday, July 26, 2012

Statue Installation

I saw the installation of the statue in Rabindra Tirtha yesterday afternoon. Two pictures, taken within a span of 20 minutes or so, with my mobile, from my fifth floor office at Hidco Bhavan:

Before (left) and after (right) installation of the statue
[Observe the reflection on water]
I was reminded of the scene from Hirak Rajar Deshe where a statue of the King was uninstalled by people. In an opposite sense.
* * *
Hon'ble Mamata Banerjee, CM, made un unscheduled stop at Eco-Park yesterday evening. By the time I reached, she'd left. This was her second visit in a few weeks on way to/from airport. Yesterday, she was returning to Kolkata after attending Pranab Mukherjee's swearing-in ceremony. I was 5 pm or so.
* * *
Mr Sudhir Krishna, Secretary, UD, GoI, spoke to me yesterday evening. A meeting with bankers will be held by GoI at Vigyan Bhavan on 23rd August.

No comments:

Post a Comment