We had the first meeting of the Task Force on Rabindra Tirtha. It was Chaired by Minister Firhad Hakim. Saoli Mitra, Suvaprsanna, Jogen Choudhury and Secy I & CA Nandini Chakraborty were there. Among the decisions taken - after a considerable discussion - were:
(1) The first programme, consisting of three Tagore dramas, songs would start from 15th September.
(2) Hidco would appoint maintenance agency and security. A Rs10 entry fee would be imposed.
(3) I & CA Department would lend exhibitions on Tagore's views on education etc
(4) Tagore appreciation sessions would be devised in consultation with Rabindra Bharati University
(5) Unique souvenirs on Tagore would be developed and sold.
(6) I & CA Department would lend documentaries on Tagore for being screened
(7) CDs and Books on Tagore would be procured
(8) Exhibition Halls would need furniture
(9) State of the Art Computers and digital archives with internet access would be installed
* * *
Here is a clipping from today's Times of India: