Friday, May 4, 2012

My letter forged

Alapan Bandyopadhyay, Principal Secretary, Municipal Affairs Department telephoned me on Wednesday afternoon asking me whether I'd issued any instructions to Kolkata Municipal Corporation. Of course, I hadn't: it later transpired that someone had fraudulently used my name. I informed the Minister Firhad Hakim when he came to Nagarayan on Thursday afternoon; I pointed out that there were six glaring mistakes proving quite clearly that the letter wasn't by me. He told the press later. Here are two clippings:
(from today's Pratidin).


(from today's Bartamaan)

It was quite scary and I was rather upset. Upset because if there weren't those glaring mistakes, I could be misunderstood easily and I shuddered to think if this'd happened for sensitive allotment issues that I deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment