The new Eco Park (Prakriti Tirtha ) is now open from 11 am to 9 pm every day. However, as in most museums and places of tourist interests, this will be closed on Mondays for maintenance and upkeep.
* * *
I held the urgent review meeting on Wednesday afternoon (2nd Jan), as scheduled. I also went around for a physical inspection with Hidco's Team yesterday. We decided on a few set of actions on a fast track basis:
1. The number of exits and entries would be increased and rationalized The present entry point (gate no 2) will be used for exit only. New entrance & exit plazas, with car parking and ticket kiosks, will be set up on the two ends of Prakriti Tirtha. No entry would be allowed directly from the road itself. To disperse queue on ticket counter quickly, instead of the thermal paper electronic electronic machine, numbered printed coupons will be used.
2. Additional toilet facilities will be set up at the new entrance-exit places. An additional bio-toilet will be set up near Tea Junction.
3. NKDA's Solid Waste Management Team will put in additional garbage bins soon. These will be cleared twice daily. A separate sweeping and cleaning agency will be engaged.
4. Food zones will be clearly marked. Food facilities will be increased.
5. In the jetty, overcrowding will be disallowed by permitting only those who are to board the boat on the jetty. A demarcating rope will be used.
6. Adequate signage will be set up at different points.
7. Standby lighting arrangements including emergency torches will be installed. Closed circuit TV will be installed.
Here is a cutting that appeared in Anandabazar on Tuesday: