I received memo no. I-14012/59/2005.H-II/FTS-1465 dated 14.11.2012 of Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA). This has considered the following factors:
1. CPI: Consumer Price Index
2. CFPI: Consumer Food Price Index
3. PCI: Growth in Per Capita Income
4. RESIDEX: National Housing Bank's property price tracking index
5. MWAG: Minimum Wages for Non-Agricultural Workers, and
6. MPCE: Monthly per capita expenditure.
Based on this, they have revised the income ceilings with respect to EWS (Economically Weaker Section) and LIG (Lower Income Group):
1. For EWS: Rs. 1 lakh as household income per annum
2. For LIG: Above Rs. 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh per household income per annum
Of course, this will have to be formally examined by the State Govt for adoption.
* * *
Here is a clipping from today's Times of India:
* * *
And here is a clipping from today's Ebela: